- Tourist Arrival forMay 2013
- Langtang Ri Recommended by Lonly Planet
- LRT Participated in Adventure Travel Expo-2013 , Melbourne Australia
- Tourist arrivals rise 9.8 percent in 2012
- Tibet Re open from 18 June 2012
- Everest Base Camp Rescue ( 31 Mar-26 May)
- Dhaulagiri Round& Thapa peak (3rd May-2 April)
- Mustang Teri-La Pass Trek (3rd May-6th April)
- Mera Amalapcha (15th May)
- Bird Watching ( Yonoove 24th Feb-10th March)
- Guide Training(27 Feb- 2 Mar)
- Mixed Emotions Following Successful Czech Summit of Lhotse
- Langtang Ri Trekking & Expeditions participated on PATA Adventure Travel and Responsible Tourism Conference and Mart 2012 (AT&RTCM2012) in Bhutan
- Nepal set up diplomatic relations with Solomon Island
- Bollywood event to promote Nepal tourism
- Mangmalung Tourism and Religious Fete from Dec 14
- New domestic airport near Capital mulled
- Spaniards open new route on Cho Polu
- 3,000-year-old human remains found in Upper Mustang
- Tara Air releases insurance money of 18 Bhutanese killed in plane crash last Dec
- US Embassy tweets
- Positive healthy growth till November 2011
- Visitors arrival on June, 2011
- Govt mulls free-visa regime in 2011
- Shishapangma Expedition May 2010
- Makalu Base Camp trek 2010
- Kingfisher starts Nepal flights
- Arrivals up 34.6 pc in March
- Visitor arrivals by air reach new height
- Tourist arrival up 19 percent in January
- Langtang Ri Participating in the BIT Buy World event In Milan from February 17th to 20th, 2010
- LRT participated in the 43rd UFTAA World Congress in Kathmandu (Nepal)
- Nepal listed one of top 10 travel destinations in 2010
- Jet Airways to launch Kathmandu-Mumbai flights in December
- NAC to fly to Lhasa in 2010
- Kathmandu-Lhasa bus service to restart
- Global warming: Nepali Cabinet to meet on Everest
Tourist Arrival forMay 2013
Jun 13, 2013
The month of May 2013 saw resilience in visitor arrivals after decline in the month of March and April, 2013. The figures released by Immigration Office, Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) reveal that visitor arrivals in the month of May 2013, compared to the same month last year, have increased by 3.1% to 44,156.
Arrivals from Asia (other than South Asia) have also recorded healthy growth of almost 48% in aggregate. There has been growth of 43.6% in visitor arrivals from China which is one of the fastest growing tourist markets for Nepal. Visitor arrivals from Japan, Malaysia, South Korea and Thailand have registered a positive growth of 5.6%, 142.7%, 40.9%, and 47.1% respectively. However, visitor arrivals from Singapore have registered marginal negative growth of 3% only.
The arrivals from South Asian region have recorded negative growth of 8.1% with Bangladesh (12.7%) and Sri Lanka (27.4%) registering positive growth. Visitor arrivals from India, which is the largest source market for Nepal witnessed a decline of 9.5%. Visitor arrivals from Pakistan have also declined by 21.2%.
European markets registered negative growth of 3.3% with major destinations showing mixed reaction in terms of visitor arrivals. Arrivals from France, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland and Sweden are up by 3.6%, 0.4%, 19.8%, 9.7%, 33.6% and 29.8% respectively while arrivals from the UK, Denmark, Spain, Italy and Russia have recorded negative growth of 1.7%, 38.3%, 19%, 12.5% and 11.1% respectively.
Tourist arrivals from USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand have increased by 17.3%, 12.7 %, 21.1% and 10.8% respectively.
Nepal celebrated Mt. Everest Diamond Jubilee on May 29 remembering the two heroic souls: Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Sir Edmund Hillary amidst a grand function. This was a special occasion in the world history of mountaineering. The Nepalese tourism stakeholders will cherish the jubilant and festive-mood that saw series of events organised marking the 60th anniversary. The celebration has given Nepal an unprecedented opportunity to promote Nepal as one of the best adventure destinations in the planet through international media that came to Nepal to attend this event.
A total of 58,195 foreign tourists departed from TIA in May 2013. The number of Nepalese arrivals stood at 63,250 while 83,179 Nepalese departed from TIA in May 2013. Source:NTB